INGREDIENTS FOR 100KG OF MIXTURE
Lean Pork Cuts: 20kg
Pork Liver: 25kg
Pork cuts (60% fat): 35kg
SPICES AND ADDITIVES
Curing Salt: 0,3kg
Color Stabilizer: 0,3kg
Milk Powder: 1kg
Soy Protein Concentrate: 1,5kg
Paté Additive Mixture: 0,8kg
Onion (Barely Fried): 3kg
Modified Starch “S”: 2kg
PROCESS OF ELABORATION
This type of pâté has a very thin and spreadable texture. All the raw material to be used must be pre-cooled.
Pork and pork cuts should be pre-cooked and then cooled at 5°C. The cooking of the pork and cuts can be slightly cooked in water at an internal temperature of 85°C to 65°C.
The liver should be cut into thin strips, well washed to remove excess of blood and dipped in boiling water for 5 minutes. It is then minced using the finest disc available and deposited in the cold storage at a 5°C temperature.
Fat is also minced using a thin disc
- Put the already chopped cooked meat in thin disc + the chopped liver + 5 kilos of water at 70°C, give a couple of turns and add the salt, chop for 1 minute.
- Add the minced fat and mix during 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar, protein, emulsifier, curing salt, color stabilizer, pâté seasoning and onion. Mix for 3 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the water at 70°C, and continue chopping until reaching the desired consistency.
- Add the modified starch, give two turns and remove the paste.
When taking out the paste, the minimum temperature is of 15°C and the maximum is of 30°C.
The paste is stuffed into straight natural casings or into synthetic casings.
The pâté is cooked at a temperature of 80°C in water, to an internal temperature of 68-70°C. The cooking time depends on the diameter of the piece. After cooking the product, it must be cooled gradually (immerse in natural water), being advisable to give a light massage to the synthetic casings.
Once completely cooled, the stuffing is smoked with cold smoke to obtain a golden yellow hue. If desired, liquid smoke may be added to the paste.